Blog's 3rd Birthday

3 years ago today I wrote the "Welcome" post for this blog. The idea I had for this blog was to share pictures and tutorials of the craft projects I did as well as to keep diary of them for myself. And I also wanted to share pictures of my art work, which I already did by then through deviantART. The name of the blog stems from a tote bag idea: I wanted to paint a lily and an an ivy branch on a tote bag. I still haven't done that, but I have painted/printed poppies, a Russian doll and elephants on tote bags and feathers on a pillowcase.

Shortly after starting the blog I got into Postcrossing (I don't actually remember how) and then writing letters and those became a big part of my blog and I started following a lot of other snail mail blogs. 

I lost interest in blogging and reading blogs at some point but I've certainly gained it back by now and I have a lot of post ideas and drafts (about art, crafts, travel, snail mail and blogging ...and Christmas, of course) waiting to be published. 

Below you can see some of the old banners of this blog and the current one.


Kirjoitin blogin "Tervetuloa"-postauksen kolme vuotta sitten. Aloitin blogin, jotta voisin pitää kirjaa omista käsityö- ja askarteluprojekteistani ja toisaalta jakaa niiden kuvia ja ohjeita muillekin. Blogiin tuli myös omia maalauksiani ja piirroksiani, joita olin jo ladannut muutaman vuoden ajan deviantART:iin. Blogin nimi tulee maalausideasta kangaskassiin: halusin maalata kassiin liljan ja muratin oksan. Murattililjakassia ei ole vielä tullut tehtyä, mutta olen kyllä maalannut/painanut kankaalle unikoita, höyheniä, maatuskan ja norsuja. 

Pian blogin aloituksen jälkeen kiinnostuin Postcrossingista (en enää muista, mistä kiinnostus lähti) ja sitten kirjeenvaihdosta. Niistä tulikin suuri osa blogia ja seurasin myös paljon muita kortteihin ja kirjeisiin liittyviä blogeja.

Jossain vaiheessa kiinnostus blogin päivittämiseen ja muihin blogeihin lopahti, mutta kiinnostus on nyt löytynyt uudestaan. Muistivihossa ja Bloggerin luonnoksissa on n. 30 postausaihetta odottamassa valmistumista ja julkaisua.

Alla kuvituksena blogin vanhoja ja nykyinen banneri.

Blog banner
Blog banner
Blog banner
Blog banner
Blog banner
Blog banner


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Art Video Ideas for YouTube

How to Prepare Cardboard for Acrylic Painting

Acrylic Over Charcoal Mixed Media Painting Tips

How to Save Leftover Acrylic Paint for Later

How to Transfer Sketch onto Painting Surface

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...