Rhubarb Leaf and Other Watercolors

 Rhubarb Leaf. Watercolor on watercolor paper. 300 gsm. Size A3. Time 30 min. August 2010. 

I posted two charcoal drawings I made on a plant painting/drawing course earlier. I also made watercolor works during that course. The first one, a rhubarb leaf, was a quick painting. The assignment was to make the sketch with a brush instead of a pencil. I usually sketch all my paintings in pencil first so that was new for me. I've gathered all art supplies and other tools I use to make my watercolor paintings in a 3-page guide you can download for free


 Flower Close-Up. Watercolor on watercolor paper. 250 gsm. Size A4. August 2010.

The other paintings are close-ups of leaves and a flower. The assignment was to go very near the subject and magnify it and pay attention to colors, shapes and patterns. I had applied a blue wash on the paper before painting the dried lupine leaves and that turned out to be a bit tricky but it did set a different mood for the painting. 

 Curled Up Leaf. Watercolor on watercolor paper. 300 gsm. Size A3. August 2010.

Leaf Close-Up. Watercolor on watercolor paper. 300 gsm. Size A3. Time 2 h. August 2010.

Dried Lupine Leaves. Watercolor on watercolor paper. 250 gsm. Size A4. August 2010. 

Vesivärimaalauksiani aiemmin mainitsemaltani kurssilta muutaman vuoden takaa. Nopea siveltimellä luonnosteltu raparperin lehti ja lähikuvia muista kasveista. 
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Art Video Ideas for YouTube

How to Prepare Cardboard for Acrylic Painting

Acrylic Over Charcoal Mixed Media Painting Tips

How to Save Leftover Acrylic Paint for Later

How to Make Acrylic Paint Opaque, Vibrant and Brighter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...